Chart interaction filters turn your data visualisation into filter controls. Which means we no longer need to clutter the header of our dashboards with filter controls!
Follow these simple steps to implement this process in your data studio dashboards:
- Choose your data visualisation type (bar chart, pie chart, time series, geo map, etc).
- Click on your chart type and go to the interactions section (its underneath where you apply segments
- Then click on the interactions section and select Apply Filter
Congratulations you’ve enabled chart interaction filters!
Now let’s learn how to use chart interactions filters with the embedded data studio report below.
You can filter with chart interaction filters in three ways:
- Clicking one of the dimension values in the chart.
- Dragging your mouse across a time series, line chart, area chart or bar chart.
- Holding ctrl and clicking on multiple rows for table, pieces for pies and bars for bar charts, that you wish to filter.
How do I remove chart interaction filters I have applied to my report?
To remove the filters you have applied simply click on the dimension you have selected or double click on charts where you have used the drag feature.
Is it possible to stack chart interaction features?
Yes you can! Data studio automatically adds the multiple chart interaction filters filter you have clicked or dragged on.