This is an extremely boring post to have to write, and no doubt to have to read. But everyone is doing it, so we're doing it too.
Anyway, here's what we're doing at Data Runs Deep about the Coronavirus:
- Everyone is working from home, starting 19 March. Most of the team was already working from home, but we wanted to keep the office open for those that preferred to work in a collaborative space. Sadly that option is an option we've had to withdraw, hopefully only for a short time,
- Between Slack, Google Docs, Hangouts, the impact to our clients is minimal
- We have cancelled all interstate travel through to the end of April. The money we would have spent on flights we have donated to RUOK to help support people suffering with anxiety at the terrifying way the virus has dominated the news narrative and the collective psychological landscape
- Web Analytics Wednesday isn't running, and while it's off air we're donating the money we would have spent on event sponsorship and other advertising to Australian Indigenous Doctors’ Association to help ensure that vulnerable communities have additional healthcare support
- We have cancelled in-office massages and cleaners, but have instructed masseur and cleaner to continue to invoice us so they aren't going out of pocket through this downtime
- We all went out for a semi-extravagant lunch at Barbarella, our go-to coffee place in the Block Arcade who are finding times tough already with reduced footfall
We'll update this post as and when.
Stay well, stay sane, see you soon,
Damion & the Data Runs Deep team.