- Australia’s nicest Google Cloud Platform and Google Marketing Platform Partner, slap bang in the middle of Melbourne & Sydney (with the option to work remotely)
- Awesome clients, partners (primarily Google) and a uniquely supportive working environment
- Finish work at 4:30 pm every. single. day!
We’re looking for an easy-going data engineer, data scientist, or both(!), with experience in Google BigQuery, data pipelining, ETL, Python, and SQL. You have the desire to become a Google Cloud Platform data expert.
About Data Runs Deep
Data Runs Deep is a Google Analytics and Google Cloud Platform specialist. We don’t do SEO, AdWords or digital advertising -- we only focus on helping clients find the truth.
We have a varied and fun client base that doesn’t include anyone in a nasty industry. We walk the talk on work-life balance, with a 4:30pm finish every day to get a head start on your commute. In addition to 4 weeks annual leave, you get your birthday off, as well as a monthly RDO for personal admin (never get a haircut on a Saturday again!)
Our stated goal is to be the nicest person that the person you’re speaking to has spoken to all day. Everything else is an elegant charade (albeit a fun one).
About the role
We’re a team of fourteen hilarious people looking for another to join our adventure. It’s an exciting time for the business, and an opportunity has arisen for another to jump on board.
The role will involve working closely with our clients’ marketing analytics and business intelligence teams to leverage the flexibility of the Google Cloud Platform to meet their needs for insights generation. The average week could include provisioning projects and BigQuery datasets; setting up pipelines with Pub/Sub, Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud Functions and Dataflow; generating models with TensorFlow or BigQuery ML; debugging complex SQL; updating existing architectures with the newest Google features; and much more!
Communication is key to this role. You will need to be able to explain your technical reasoning to people with various levels of skills. You will also be required to document your code and process and give feedback to developers who implement.
There will be occasional travel interstate and possibly overseas, and you’ll be encouraged to engage with the cloud and web analytics community on home and foreign soil.
Skills and experience
- Know your way confidently around Google Cloud Platform’s big data and machine learning stack, especially BigQuery and Cloud Functions
- Strong SQL & Python skills and the ability to work with APIs
- Experience building and optimising data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Ability to come up with innovative and efficient solutions for our clients’ big data engineering needs
- Ability to optimise solutions for cost and performance so our clients don’t have to pay more than they have to
- Inquisitive nature and a love of solving problems
- Ability to push yourself but also be able to work in a team
- Clear, crisp writing style with impeckable stile and grammer.
- Attention to detail & ability to validate your own work
Desirable (but not mandatory)
- You hold the Google Certified Professional Data Engineer certification (if not, you'll be expected to achieve the certification in your first month at work)
- Experience with Dataflow, TensorFlow, and ML Engine (or equivalent frameworks/platforms)
- Working familiarity with other public clouds such as AWS and Azure
What we offer
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Strict 08:30 - 16:30 office hours, with all the flexibility you can handle
- Options to work from home, or from wherever you gosh darn well please
- One dollar per day donated to a homelessness charity on your behalf
- Training from some of the best in the business
- An extremely lovely office environment
- Access to the Beta programs by Google and monthly heads up for what's in store
- Four weeks annual leave, a monthly RDO, plus your birthday off
What to do next
Take a deep breath, and email firstname.lastname@example.org to say hello.
Agencies please note: we’re sure you’re wonderful at what you do but respectfully request no agencies please.