Here's our calendar of 2018/19 Google Analytics, Google Data Studio and Google Tag Manager training courses:
|Sydney||23-26 July 2019||Tickets available here!|
|Melbourne||13-16 August 2019||Tickets available here!|
|Melbourne||5-8 November 2019||Available soon|
|Sydney||26-29 November 2019||Available soon|
Those links above will take you to our secure online store, where you can pay by credit card. If you'd prefer an invoice, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
Our Google Analytics training course is designed to tick a lot of boxes:
- Practical. Our trainers work with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager day in, day out. They know what works.
- Open. Instead of just telling you what you can do, we show you how to do it. We keep no secrets.
- Fun. Stuffy learning environments aren't as good for learning as free and fluid workshops and exercises.
Our course mixes deep-dive sessions with structured exercises and workshops, with shorter need-to-know modules that download best practice directly into your brain.
No other Google Analytics training course is more actionable, more fun, and more BS-free.
What People Say
I really enjoyed it. Very relaxed and I enjoyed the open forum, so people could share their business' particular challenges, solutions, tools, and approaches - Melbourne, Feb 2018
It was genuinely the best training course I've ever attended - Melbourne, Dec 2017
Super informative and practical. They were all great speakers / trainers and the hands on approach was really useful - Sydney, November 2018
I found the course incredibly illuminating, as I had a very superficial understanding of what Analytics is capable of, before completing this training - Melbourne, May 2017
It gave attendees the skills to get a good data model going for website measurement. I think the trainers each had the unique ways of delivering the content which was great. It was an enjoyable and fun way to cover the topic of data and analytics - Sydney, July 2018
Training Course Schedule
Day One - Google Analytics Fundamentals
Google Analytics Fundamentals courses are a dime a dozen -- because teaching easy stuff is easy.
That's why we're going beyond easy stuff and covering areas that we think are the real fundamentals: measurement strategy, analysis techniques, and visualisation.
- Morning Session 1: Web Analytics Concepts
- Morning Session 2: Analytics Measurement Strategy
- Afternoon Session 1: Analysis Methods, Techniques and Realisation
- Afternoon Session 2: Reporting & Visualisation
Day One is designed for anyone that needs a grounding in the hands-off skills around web analytics. We work through measurement strategies in awesome group exercises.
We analyse problems, we think about the big picture, and we segment our users. We look at models for reporting and visualisation, and we make it fun.
Note that this isn't an absolute beginners course. Familiarity with the Google Analytics interface is recommended.
Day Two - Advanced & Applied Google Analytics
Day Two plants attendees at the heart of two major web analytics pain points -- data quality, and effective campaign management and reporting.
We introduce a tried and tested model to make campaign reporting a breeze, and back it up with a set of hands-on exercises and workshops.
- Morning Session 1: Setting up Google Analytics Properly
- Morning Session 2: Campaign Tracking In Google Analytics
- Afternoon Session 1: Finding And Fixing Problems With Data Quality
- Afternoon Session 2: The Google Analytics API and Other Add-Ons Tools To Help Get The Job Done
Day Two is designed for people that like to get their hands a bit dirty.
No development or technical knowledge is required. (There are some tecchy bits, but it's okay to zone out now and again if it all gets too much. We're human too.)
Day Three - Google Data Studio & Google Optimize
A two-parter. In the morning, we get stuck into Data Studio, taking the starting point that now it’s time to tell the story of the data that we're collecting in Google Analytics.
In the afternoon, we explore Google Optimize and turn your sparkly analytics hunches into legit AB tests that you can start learning from right away.
- Morning Session 1: Setting up a report, connecting to your data
- Morning Session 2: Creating charts and filter controls
- Morning Session 3: Principles of data visualisation
- Afternoon Session 1: Setting Up Google Optimize and Running Your First Test
- Afternoon Session 2: Integrating Google Optimize Reporting In Google Analytics
- Afternoon Session 3: Setting Up A Framework For Successful Testing
Hang on -- Who should attend this? This is intended for folk that have completed Day One (probably) and Day Two (definitely), or that already know their way confidently around Google Analytics and have exposure to the GA API.
Day Four - Google Tag Manager
The final day of our training course takes in the heady and heavy aspects of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, working through the theory and practice of an advanced custom implementation.
Event Tracking, Form Tracking, Google Tag Manager best practice and funky custom tracking is all included. It's amazing.
- Morning Session 1: The what and why's of Google Tag Manager
- Morning Session 2: Setup and basic page tagging
- Morning Session 3: Tracking where the visitors are clicking
- Afternoon Session 1: Getting more specific with triggering tags
- Afternoon Session 2: dataLayer and form tracking
- Afternoon Session 3: Implementing more advanced third-party tracking pixels
This Day presupposes some technical knowledge, but you don't need to be a coder to understand everything -- the true value in advanced web analytics is knowing what's possible, not just in how to build it. We give away a lot of our IP here and as such we reserve the right to restrict access to this day's course.
Hang on -- Who should attend this? Anyone looking to take control of the tags on their website. This could be marketing professionals who want to make sure their campaign is being tracked correctly, user experience designers who want to track how visitors are using the site or developers who want to understand how Google Tag Manager works with their code.
Please note that attendance at our training courses is subject to our terms and conditions.