Google Tag Manager is a product that makes things easier, but has a very tricky learning curve. It's lovely, but getting to grips with it can be a headache.
We split our Google Tag Manager Training roughly into two camps, depending on who we're training:
- Marketers, who are mostly concerned with using GTM to streamline their campaign tagging and tracking
- Developers, who want to use GTM for custom Google Analytics implementations and advanced stuff
Google Tag Manager Training sessions are conducted on-site at your offices, using your own Container setups and Google Analytics accounts.
For public training courses, you may want to have a look at our Google Analytics Courses, which get heavily into Google Tag Manager on day three.
Google Tag Manager For Marketers
A workshop tailored for Marketers will include things like:
- How to manage the workflow of tags in GTM
- Key procedures for adding remarketing and conversion tags
- Knowing when to use GTM and when to keep the tag on-page
- Checking everything's working as it should
- Keeping a tidy Container for easier management
Google Tag Manager For Developers
A workshop tailored for Developers will look more like this:
- Identifying and fixing common errors
- Deployment of Containers on staging environments
- Our GTM toolkit for real-time auditing and review of deployments
- Custom Google Analytics tracking (Custom Dimensions, Events, and general magic)
- Container taxonomy best practice
Custom Google Tag Manager Training
More often than not, we mix things up and structure a training course with things that suit marketers, and things that suit developers.
Google Tag Manager is a huge topic, with a lot of different applications and objectives -- so we feel it's best to tailor training sessions based on what you need to achieve.
Note: we are unable to offer this training to web or marketing agencies.
Data Runs Deep is a Google Tag Manager Certified Partner. Our trainers work day-in, day-out with Google Tag Manager and have designed tracking solutions for all sorts of organisations in Australia and overseas.
If this sounds good, and you'd like to chat about some options, get in touch today.